A New Cookbook–For You!
June 16, 2008
Well, I’ve now been writing this blog for 7-1/2 months (that’s 230 days)–I really can’t believe it! Seems like just yesterday I started on my diet and cooking journey, with 40 pounds to lose. (Oh, wait. As of yesterday, I still had 40 pounds to lose. Hmm. Better keep blogging).
I know that most people publish some kind of celebratory blog post at the one-year mark, but after completing this recent Total Health cleanse, I’ve decided that life is too short to wait for all the things we really want. We have to relish each moment! We must grab every opportunity for happiness that comes our way! (Tempeh fugit, and all that–so seize that tempeh!)
And really, what makes people happier than free stuff A CONTEST?
Yes, dear readers, it is finally time I leapt into that most sacred of blogger activities: the contest. I’ve decided to buy a new cookbook, and I thought, “heck, why shouldn’t one of YOU have a new cookbook, too? ” Really, for no other reason than I like you.
I’ve recently come across a few references to I Can’t Believe It’s Vegan, and thought I’d like to have it. And then I thought, well, just because I want that book, does it mean YOU want the same book? No, of course not!
So here’s what I’m proposing:
1. Enter the contest: Leave a comment at the bottom of this post, telling me about your favorite cookbook, and why you love it. It can be an old book, a new book, a vegan book, an omnivore book, a diet book, an allegen-free book–whatever. ANYONE CAN ENTER, whatever your diet, as long as the aim is to be healthy. I’m open to any and all of your endorsements! Leave your comment by midnight, Friday, June 20, 2008. The contest is open to everyone, anywhere (welcome, crew of Battlestar Gallactica!).
2. I’ll (randomly) choose a winner. After the 20th, I’ll pick a winner at random from the list of comments (if I can figure out how to use the random number generator, I will; if not, I’ll just put all the numbers in a hat and pick one).
3. You (not so randomly) choose your book. Because not everyone likes the same thing, I’m offering a selection of potential prize books here. Why these books? Well, they’re all (relatively) recent publications, and they all lean toward healthier, fewer-refined-fewer-processed ingredients. That way, I can feel comfortable giving them out as prizes. These are all books I own or would like to own.
Here are the possible prizes you can choose:
* Eat, Drink and Be Vegan (Burton)
* ExtraVeganZa (Matthias)
* Fresh: The Ultimate Live-Food Cookbook (Boutenko)
* ReFresh (Tal and Houston)
* The Gluten-Free Vegan (O’Brien)
* Vegan Bites: Recipes for Singles (Bennett)
* Vegan Express (Atlas)
* You Won’t Believe It’s Vegan (Sher and Doherty)
4. I Send You Your Prize! Once the winner lets me know which book s/he would like, I’ll mail it to you, wherever you may be. And then we can both enjoy our new cookbooks! (I’d love to share recipe notes. . . .).
Good luck, everyone. I can’t wait to hear about the cookbooks you already love–so be sure to leave those comments!
“This is my favorite cookbook, Mum. It’s very soft and cushy.”
THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. THANKS, EVERYONE, FOR ENTERING!